IRC log for #koha, 2021-01-13

← Previous day | Today | Search | Index

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
00:00 inlibro joined #koha
00:18 khall joined #koha
01:00 inlibro joined #koha
01:09 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_My8 build #493: NOW UNSTABLE in 53 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]aster_D9_My8/493/
02:00 inlibro joined #koha
02:09 koha-jenkins joined #koha
02:19 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_D11 build #36: FAILURE in 4 min 54 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.11_D11/36/
03:01 inlibro joined #koha
03:33 morrism joined #koha
04:01 inlibro joined #koha
04:13 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10 build #450: STILL UNSTABLE in 45 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D10/450/
04:18 Yippee, build fixed!
04:18 wahanui Congratulations!
04:18 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_D11 build #37: FIXED in 55 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.11_D11/37/
04:20 Project Koha_20.11_D10 build #39: SUCCESS in 57 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.11_D10/39/
04:59 Project Koha_20.11_D9 build #32: SUCCESS in 46 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_20.11_D9/32/
05:01 inlibro joined #koha
05:39 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
05:39 wahanui Congratulations!
05:39 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_D10 build #186: FIXED in 39 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_D10/186/
05:39 Yippee, build fixed!
05:39 wahanui Congratulations!
05:39 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_U2010 build #23: FIXED in 57 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_20.11_U2010/23/
05:41 Project Koha_20.11_U18 build #20: STILL UNSTABLE in 59 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.11_U18/20/
05:45 Yippee, build fixed!
05:45 wahanui Congratulations!
05:45 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_U16 build #25: FIXED in 1 hr 4 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.11_U16/25/
05:47 morrism joined #koha
06:01 inlibro joined #koha
06:02 chriss joined #koha
06:44 Oak joined #koha
06:50 Oak joined #koha
07:00 did joined #koha
07:00 fridolin joined #koha
07:01 inlibro joined #koha
07:03 fridolin hi here
07:36 reiveune joined #koha
07:36 reiveune hello
07:36 wahanui kia ora, reiveune
07:48 alex_a joined #koha
07:48 alex_a Bonjour
07:49 morrism joined #koha
08:01 inlibro joined #koha
08:02 cait joined #koha
08:13 nikkom joined #koha
08:13 nikkom joined #koha
08:17 nlegrand joined #koha
08:18 nlegrand gut morgn #koha, un a gut yor!
08:19 magnuse god morgen nlegrand
08:21 cait1 joined #koha
08:22 cait1 good morning #koha :)
08:33 nlegrand o/ magnuse cait1
08:45 cait1 fridolin: are you using OpacBrowser in your libraries? the manual says: If you have the␠:ref:`OpacBrowser` preference set decide␠:ref:`when you want the contents to rebuild <cron-authorities-browser-label>` (French libraries only) - is it French or UNIMARC?
08:50 fridolin hueuu
08:51 old code here
08:52 "Browse by hierarchy"
08:52 I search
08:52 dersmon joined #koha
08:52 dersmon hey!
08:55 fridolin cait1: looking at https://hea.koha-community.org/systempreferences
08:55 I see only 4 with syspref on
08:55 so i think we dont enable it at Biblibre
08:56 cait1 fridolin: hm ok, wonder what it is!
08:56 thx for checking fridolin++
08:56 fridolin Its generated by misc/cronjobs/build_browser_and_cloud.pl
08:58 cait1: yeeeek its french hardcoded in this cronjob
08:58 ashimema morning
08:58 fridolin I think you can propose to remove this code
08:59 ashimema lol
09:00 curse you cait1, you knocked me off the top spot :P
09:00 cait1 heh, but what about the four using it?
09:00 * ashimema kinda wanted to encourage someone other than cait1 ;)
09:00 cait1 I only did like 4!
09:00 ashimema I know..
09:01 I only QA'd one more than you to kick you off the top spot yesterday to be fair.. so I wasn't a hard tartget for you really ;)
09:02 inlibro joined #koha
09:04 Joubu fridolin, cait: It's not 4, it's 304!
09:06 fridolin ah oups
09:06 ok then
09:06 cait1 heh
09:06 and can you tell if it's "French" or "UNIMARC" specific?
09:06 fridolin note that french text is harcoded in script, its the Dewey classification
09:07 cait1 oh interesting
09:07 french dewey? :)
09:07 fridolin cait1: it is not UNIMARC specific, and can be used in non-french
09:07 but text is only displayed for french lang I think
09:08 Joubu I'd ask paul_p
09:09 cait1 ok, maybe we can write "in french only" in hte manual to make it more clear
09:10 morrism joined #koha
10:02 inlibro joined #koha
10:13 paul_p joined #koha
10:19 lds joined #koha
10:55 cait joined #koha
11:00 cait2 joined #koha
11:02 inlibro joined #koha
11:04 oleonard HI #koha
11:06 cait2 hi oleonard :)
11:06 ... and off for lunch break
11:10 Oak joined #koha
11:17 morrism joined #koha
11:32 khall joined #koha
11:37 khall joined #koha
11:46 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U16 build #189: STILL UNSTABLE in 41 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_U16/189/
11:49 khall_ joined #koha
11:52 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_D11 build #38: SUCCESS in 53 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.11_D11/38/
11:52 Project Koha_20.05_U2010 build #82: STILL UNSTABLE in 47 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_20.05_U2010/82/
11:57 Project Koha_20.05_U20 build #217: STILL UNSTABLE in 52 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_U20/217/
12:02 inlibro joined #koha
12:04 morrism joined #koha
12:10 oleonard ashimema: Bug 27420 is indeed a weird one
12:10 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=27420 major, P5 - low, ---, martin.renvoize, Needs Signoff , A mistake in bug 5161 leads to some patron attributes appearing without a fieldset
12:11 oleonard It makes me wonder if it has always been the case that one has to select a class for an attribute type. There's no "blank" option.
12:15 cait2 hm no
12:15 i think there should be a blank.... i can check in 18.11?
12:16 ashimema you don't have to select one..
12:16 cait2 our PA_CLASS pull down is empty
12:16 ashimema if you don't, they just get added without a fieldset container
12:16 cait2 i think they have a container
12:16 but it#s the general one
12:16 ashimema also.. you con't actually have to stick to the PA_CLASS av set either.. you can just type into the box if you've not added any PA_CLASS's
12:16 * ashimema is in a call with the customer who is using all this stuff right now as it happens
12:17 oleonard Unfortunately I still see problems after your patch
12:17 ashimema oh really..
12:17 that's interesting
12:18 I actually only tested it on a 20.11.00
12:18 'tis on my list to upgrade that customer to .01 release today actually
12:18 I'll have a go with the patch on master
12:19 * ashimema goes back to his call
12:19 ashimema bbiab
12:20 cait2 ashimema: i can't type into the box
12:20 ashimema if you don't have any PA_CLASS av's defined.. the box becomes a text box instead of a selectbox
12:20 cait2 hm you can't delete categoriesand this one gets added by default
12:20 so you have to delete it using sQL...
12:20 so I'd say that's a non-standard solution :)
12:21 ashimema the category can exists
12:21 cait2 mine is empty and i have no text field
12:21 ashimema the actaul values within it can be deleted I think
12:21 can't they?
12:21 and it's empty to start
12:21 oh really
12:21 that's interseting
12:21 oleonard I get a text input if there are no values for PA_CLASS
12:21 cait2 customization?
12:21 hm maybe a newer vresion thing
12:21 ashimema yeay, oleonard can replicate :)
12:21 cait2 in 18.11 you can't :)
12:22 but back to the first question... i think a blank value is needed and in 18.11 without a class they get a general fieldset
12:22 ashimema yup
12:22 well.. ish
12:22 cait2 the label is "Additional attributes and identifiers"
12:22 ashimema yeah.. I see that
12:22 then I also see a fieldset per class inside that..
12:23 and.. if there are some attributes without a class then they just sit in the parent fieldset
12:23 at least that's what I was seeing this morning.
12:25 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U18 build #48: STILL UNSTABLE in 38 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.05_U18/48/
12:28 oleonard cait2 did you see the discussion I had with ashimema the other day about Bug 27289?
12:28 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=27289 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Failed QA , Template tweaks for point of sale page
12:28 cait2 sorry, I didn't
12:29 in a video conf, so reading back is a bit hard, can you summarize?
12:29 oleonard We talked about it for a bit and ultimately felt that trying to address your issue with the "required" labels would create more problems than it would solve.
12:30 cait2 i just feel it looks a bit cluttery
12:30 because the text that appears is so long
12:30 and it always displays then
12:31 and it's even worse in German
12:33 well more like very cluttery
12:33 morrism joined #koha
12:34 alex_a joined #koha
12:50 cait2 could we go with just "required" there?
12:52 oleonard That's a good idea
13:00 morrism joined #koha
13:01 ashimema ?
13:01 but it is both required and required to be a above a certain amount
13:02 I don't know that you can remove the message without also removing the actual amount validations
13:02 inlibro joined #koha
13:07 oleonard You can modify the error message for a generic "required" field so that it says "Required" rather than "This field is required"
13:07 * oleonard is fiddling with it
13:07 ashimema :)
13:08 what issues were you still seeing with bug 27420 btw?
13:08 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=27420 major, P5 - low, ---, martin.renvoize, Needs Signoff , A mistake in bug 5161 leads to some patron attributes appearing without a fieldset
13:08 ashimema it all appears to work with my patch on master to me.
13:10 paul_p_ joined #koha
13:10 oleonard I don't have it in front of my anymore but there were still issues with things not being in fieldsets correctly
13:11 ashimema humm
13:11 ok.. I might need more to go on to replicate issues when you have a moment ;)
13:11 no rush though
13:28 jzairo joined #koha
13:31 khall joined #koha
13:45 cait2 oleonard-away: thx for the patch for upcoming events :)
13:46 domm where can I specify the smtp server (and port, etc) to use for sending mails?
13:47 I can't find any hint in koha-conf.xml, google or the admin ui
13:48 ashimema that's very recently changed in Koha domm.. what version are you running?
13:49 domm 20.11
13:49 ashimema aha.. :)
13:50 Koha administration > SMPT servers
13:50 in that case :)
13:50 domm ah, ok, NOW i see it..
13:50 ashimema hehe
13:51 it's very new.. hence I'm not sure it's been fully documented yet
13:51 but it does work well when I tested it..
13:51 prior to this release you had to just configure it at the server.. i.e via your systems MTA
13:52 domm (but when I enter smtp into the search-system-prefs box, this option does not show up..)
13:52 marie-luce joined #koha
13:53 ashimema the search-system-prefs box only searches the 'System preferences'
13:53 domm ok, good that you added this, because I want to send via localhost:1025 on my dev machine, so I can use a fake-mailer
13:53 ashimema this is it's own configuration area self contained
13:55 abl joined #koha
13:55 domm well, I'm still finding my way around Koha, so it's unfortunantley not always very clear to me, what is what. But if i figure out where to look (or what I'm actually after) it's usually very well documented :-)
13:58 ashimema :)
13:58 oleonard cait2: I hope I didn't miss some code somewhere... I didn't expect to only find template stuff
14:02 inlibro joined #koha
14:15 ashimema did you say you had some idea's for bug 27289 oleonard.. or should I take a look myself?
14:15 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=27289 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Failed QA , Template tweaks for point of sale page
14:15 domm how do I tell cronjobs/process_message_queue.pl to use the non-default smtp server?
14:16 or how do I mark another smtp server as default?
14:16 oleonard ashimema I'm trying to leverage some of the more obscure settings of the validation plugin
14:16 ashimema you don't ;)
14:16 once you've defined an smtp server from that UI
14:16 you can then assign it to the branches
14:16 * ashimema reminds himself how it works for domm
14:18 ashimema domm, it seems we didn't finish adding something I requested.. an easy way to one smtp server as the system default
14:18 domm library_smtp_servers is emtpy, from the code I assume something needs to be in there
14:19 (the db table library_smtp_servers)
14:19 ashimema so.. if you go to 'System administration > Libraries'
14:19 and then edit a libray your interested in.. you can select which smtp server it uses there
14:19 domm ah, ok, foudn it
14:19 again, now that I see it, it makes sense :-)
14:19 Joubu oleonard: I was going to SO bug 27420, were you saying it does not work for you?
14:19 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=27420 major, P5 - low, ---, martin.renvoize, Needs Signoff , A mistake in bug 5161 leads to some patron attributes appearing without a fieldset
14:19 ashimema there's certainly not the greatest user experience
14:20 domm step 1: define SMTP server
14:20 step 2: link SMTP server with library
14:20 step 3: spam!
14:21 ashimema lol
14:21 caroline step 4: profit!
14:21 magnuse step 5: holiday!
14:23 domm yay, I got mail!
14:23 ashimema nice one
14:23 tcohen.. wasn't there a way to set a particular smtp server as the default ?
14:24 tcohen did this development
14:24 I could have swarn there was a simple way of making one of the defined smtp servers the default for all libraries
14:24 that would be a nice addition.. right?
14:24 Joubu in $KOHA_CONF
14:24 liliputech_asu joined #koha
14:24 ashimema yeah.. but I mean in the UI too
14:25 liliputech_asu hi koha
14:25 Joubu ashimema: nope
14:25 ashimema at the moment to get a server to be used you have to add it via SMTP servers.. then go to each library and update it to use the newly added server..
14:25 I feel like you should have a 'Make default' option somewhere in the smtp servers configuration UI
14:26 so you can override the hard coded fallback in one hit
14:27 Joubu that would make sense
14:29 ashimema right.. reported bug 27424 for it.
14:29 :)
14:29 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=27424 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , One should be able to assign an SMTP server as the default
14:33 domm yeah, I agree that this would make sense!
14:33 Joubu but what to do if there is one defined in koha-conf?
14:34 Dyrcona joined #koha
14:34 ashimema I think there's also a bug open to force the use of koha-conf or not too
14:35 Joubu bug 26188
14:35 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=26188 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Allow disabling SMTP configuration in koha-conf.xml
14:35 ashimema that's the one
14:36 alex_a joined #koha
14:44 Joubu dev meeting in 15
14:50 cait2 oi
14:55 ashimema ohla
14:55 magnuse what's the syspref for replacing the opac simple search box? or did we get rid of it? version 20.05
14:56 hc_ joined #koha
14:56 caroline OpacCustomSearch
14:56 https://koha-community.org/man[…]able-opac-regions
14:57 oleonard OpacCustomSearch is in news now
14:57 caroline It may have been moved to the news tool?
14:58 magnuse ah yes, i think i see what happened now. some news items are set to "all" locations, including the OpacCustomSearch one
14:59 that was not quite obvious
14:59 ashimema we could really do with cleaning up that work..
14:59 the News migration stuff that is.. finishing the job and doing it in a somewhat clearer way
15:00 Joubu yes, in the roadmap ;)
15:00 cait2 i still want a "all languages" setting
15:00 :)
15:00 oleonard ^^ Yes
15:00 ashimema yup.. me too
15:00 cait2 that would make the migrations much more fun
15:00 migratet hem to all languages instead of duplicating
15:00 ashimema there's some work to convert to Objects.. but I'm not sure if it's testable yet or not
15:00 oleonard I could use help with that. I tried to do it in the template and was unsuccessful.
15:00 cait2 and let the people split it out later
15:00 i think it would be great to have before finishing
15:00 ashimema yes.. we need to get to work on working through that roadmap :)
15:01 Joubu I am about to start the meeting
15:01 shhhhut
15:01 cait2 yep
15:01 we are heere
15:01 Joubu :)
15:01 #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 13 January 2021
15:01 huginn Meeting started Wed Jan 13 15:01:20 2021 UTC.  The chair is Joubu. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
15:01 Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
15:01 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 13 January 2021)
15:01 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_13_january_2021'
15:01 Joubu #topic Introductions
15:01 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 13 January 2021)
15:01 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart
15:01 qa_team?
15:01 wahanui qa_team is probably cait, dcook, amoyano, ashimema, marcelr, kohaputti, jajm, tcohen, josef_moravec, kidclamp, khall and tuxayo
15:01 Joubu rmaints?
15:01 wahanui somebody said rmaints was fridolin, AndrewFH and tuxayo
15:01 thd joined #koha
15:01 oleonard #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, Ohio, USA
15:01 kidclamp #info Nick Clemens, ByWater Solutions
15:01 magnuse #info Magnus Enger, Libriotech, Norway
15:02 lukeG1 joined #koha
15:02 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
15:02 cait2 #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
15:03 inlibro joined #koha
15:03 jajm #info Julian Maurice, BibLibre
15:03 fridolin #info Fridolin Somers, Biblire
15:03 Joubu #topic Announcements
15:03 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 13 January 2021)
15:03 Joubu Anyone have something?
15:04 fridolin Release of 20.11.01 is there
15:04 Joubu: do you know about packaging ?
15:04 i see perldeps is still 20.11.00
15:04 ashimema #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS-Europe, UK
15:04 Joubu I don't, mtj does not seem to be around much
15:04 maybe he is on holiday
15:05 tuxayo #info tuxayo/Victor Grousset, France
15:05 fridolin oki no pb
15:05 cait2 there were some gitlab notices yesterday triggered by him i think?
15:05 Joubu fridolin: sent him an email!
15:05 fridolin yep oki
15:05 Joubu indeed cait2
15:05 #topic Update from the Release Manager (21.05)
15:05 Topic for #koha is now Update from the Release Manager (21.05) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 13 January 2021)
15:05 cait2 mjames on koha-testing-docker - so I think he is around in the background
15:06 Joubu I am starting to push new enhancements for 21.05. We are entering the month where we can push big things!
15:06 I really would like to push bug 25026 before end of January.
15:06 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=25026 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , RaiseError must be set for the UI
15:06 Joubu About the roadmap (https://annuel.framapad.org/p/koha_21.05_roadmap) I've sent some emails in the last 2 weeks to start working on some of the topics.
15:06 You can see the status of some of them (search for "Status:").
15:06 I am assuming everybody put there names and topics for now and I will move the topics without enough volunteers at the bottom ("LATER")
15:06 and will continue sending emails next week.
15:07 I'd like to highligh bug 20212 on which I worked in the last couple of days to improve it a bit.
15:07 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=20212 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Needs Signoff , Slowness in receiving in acquisitions
15:07 Joubu with bug 27402 and
15:07 liliputech_asu #info Arthur Suzuki, BibLibre
15:07 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=27402 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Add column filtering to the Datatables REST API wrapper
15:07 Joubu bug 27403
15:07 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=27403 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , Enable fixedHeader for Datatables
15:07 tuxayo-read-only joined #koha
15:07 Joubu It's ready for another SO+QA run. It's quite fun to test if you like REST API and DataTables.
15:07 any questions?
15:08 khall #info Kyle M Hall, ByWater Solutions
15:08 cait2 i could share testing with anothr qa member if possible
15:09 i not so confident about the code checking there, but can test the gui
15:09 Joubu Testing the UI would be very useful
15:09 #topic Updates from the Release Maintainers
15:09 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the Release Maintainers (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 13 January 2021)
15:10 cait2 or maybe just do the sign-off with a note if i can
15:10 Joubu #info 20.11.01 is out, deb packages will be released soon!
15:11 (hopefully)
15:11 fridolin i mailled
15:11 Joubu anything else?
15:11 wahanui i heard anything else was necessarily going to be incremental.
15:11 ashimema :)
15:11 fridolin is 20.05 release tarball ok now ?
15:11 ashimema nice to see you back in the swing of things fridolin :)
15:12 fridolin yep ;)
15:12 tuxayo2 > is 20.05 release tarball ok now ?
15:12 it's there so it seems ok https://download.koha-community.org/
15:12 Joubu was there a known problem about 20.05 tarball?
15:12 fridolin https://download.koha-community.org/ yep
15:13 juste Andrew had not SSH access
15:13 Joubu ok, all good if fixed now :)
15:13 will see later if needed
15:13 fridolin BTW is anyone using it ?
15:13 do we have stats ?
15:13 cait2 is it 2011 or 20.05?
15:14 tuxayo2 stats about version usage?
15:14 https://hea.koha-community.org/systempreferences
15:14 cait2 we are testing 20.05 but a bit behind and building our own packages...
15:14 tuxayo2 wow 423 reported instances on 20.1100000
15:15 ashimema we have a couple of early adopters testing 20.11
15:15 kidclamp we upgrade to 20.05 in february
15:15 ashimema they won't go live on it for a few more months.. but are testing the heck out of it with massive datasets copied from their live sites.
15:15 big public libraries so far.. might get a uni to thing about testing soon
15:16 cait2 good to hear that!
15:16 ashimema 423 live on 20.11 in hea.. wow!
15:17 can we see history in hea somehow?
15:17 I'm interested to see how many of those are new installs vs how many are upgrades
15:17 i.e. is there a sudden decrease in 20.05 usage when 20.11 came out
15:17 cait2 11.600 libaries too - i guess we can up our assumed number quite a bit
15:18 tuxayo2 Koha is taking over the world :D
15:19 > can we see history in hea somehow?
15:19 Nope, the only way is to make snapshots at https://web.archive.org/web/20[…]systempreferences
15:19 * tuxayo2 does one now
15:20 ashimema `Ex Libris Titley - http://home.ostara.titley.com`.. interesting one to be in our stats
15:21 Joubu moving on?
15:21 #topic Updates from the QA team
15:21 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the QA team (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 13 January 2021)
15:21 cait2 #info QA queue is around 50ish, not super bad, but could be better!
15:22 Oak joined #koha
15:22 cait2 #info Very glad to see more interaction in QA team and quite a bit of QA activity spread out a bit more
15:22 ashimema I had a slow start this year.. but have been working through bugs this week
15:22 cait2 please keep this up!
15:22 ashimema working myself up to looking at the bigger things again
15:22 kidclamp ^same
15:22 cait2 yes, I need you devs to get rid of the scary ones for me ;)
15:23 but seriously, some I am not confident to touch, so always happy to see you guys go there
15:23 kidclamp I apologize to anyone who has been subjected to me rewriting things when I tery to QA, I will reign it in
15:23 Joubu bug 27251
15:23 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=27251 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , Rewrite the QOTD editor using the Koha REST API
15:23 Joubu pick that one
15:23 magnuse qateam++
15:23 ashimema I'd love to see some others grabbing more of the easy ones.. and thus pushing me back into the harder ones..
15:23 tuxayo2 Had a hard time since last week to spend time on Koha & QA, hopefully thing will get better
15:23 :)
15:23 ashimema at the minute.. it's been a bit easy to pick low handing fruit ;)
15:24 Joubu and bug 24488
15:24 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=24488 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , Holds to Pull sometimes shows the wrong 'first patron' details
15:25 ashimema ah, that ol' chesnut.. 24488 has been on my list to look at for ages.. but every time I have I'd struggled to wrap my brain around it.
15:26 Joubu # Actions from last meeting
15:26 #topic Actions from last meeting
15:26 Topic for #koha is now Actions from last meeting (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 13 January 2021)
15:26 Joubu #topic davidnind Find and update relevant places to record Perl version required, including release notes, manual and wiki (one source of the truth) (still working on this - feel free to reallocate)
15:26 Topic for #koha is now davidnind Find and update relevant places to record Perl version required, including release notes, manual and wiki (one source of the truth) (still working on this - feel free to reallocate) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 13 January 2021)
15:26 Joubu #info tuxayo: wikipage draft for System requirements and recommendations. Used by the RMaints for the latest minor release.
15:27 #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]d_recommendations
15:27 next step would be to review it and find a good place to put them
15:27 then we should point to that place from everywhere else
15:27 tuxayo +1
15:27 ashimema +1
15:27 Joubu tuxayo: willing to continue on it?
15:28 ashimema they looked solid to me.. seems I forgot to say that :)
15:28 well done on collecting all the info tuxayo
15:29 cait2 phone call
15:29 Joubu Is someone else willing to work on that?
15:31 ok, will continue by email for now, and update the action for the next meeting if needed
15:31 #topic amoyano advertise 15522 and ask the list for feedback [after 20.11 is released], setup a sandbox, etc.
15:31 Topic for #koha is now amoyano advertise 15522 and ask the list for feedback [after 20.11 is released], setup a sandbox, etc. (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 13 January 2021)
15:31 Joubu I sent a later to amoyano, will send an email
15:31 postponing
15:31 #action amoyano advertise 15522 and ask the list for feedback [after 20.11 is released], setup a sandbox, etc.
15:32 #topic General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...)
15:32 Topic for #koha is now General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 13 January 2021)
15:32 Joubu hum.. last minute topics
15:32 #topic  ILS-DI bug 27423
15:32 Topic for #koha is now ILS-DI bug 27423 (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 13 January 2021)
15:32 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=27423 normal, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , ILS-DI should be deprecated and functions moved to REST API
15:32 Joubu kidclamp: ?
15:33 kidclamp Just to be clear, I am not suggesting we disable or remove it anytime soon
15:33 It seems this specification is not managed anymore, so I think we should deprecate and consider replacing it
15:33 tuxayo System requirements and recommendations: I'm trying to focus consitently on some other tasks so I'm not sure I'll push much on that.
15:33 And not sure what more to do to review and I don't know about where is best to put them.
15:33 Sorry, was long to write that ><
15:34 kidclamp cait made a good point about it being different from rest api, but I think we could find a way to provide the info more in line with rest
15:34 ashimema bug 15522
15:34 wahanui hmmm... bug 15522 is the right place
15:34 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=15522 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, Patch doesn't apply , New interface for revamped circulation rules
15:35 kidclamp there are access concerns with current ILS-DI  - it provides a lot of unprivileged access that must be managed via server config
15:35 ashimema we could certainly start to advertise an intention to eventually deprecate it.
15:35 Joubu kidclamp: if we have the REST API routes for the same info, I'd be ok to deprecate them (IMO!)
15:36 ashimema I have a feeling it's widely used at the moment
15:36 kidclamp agreed
15:36 Joubu the other softwares can do the job if they know we are going to drop ILSDI
15:36 kidclamp but we have some bugs/enh in the queue and no real clear guidance on how exactly it should work
15:36 ashimema but yes.. I'd be keen to reduce our api surface a bit and instead encourage people onto one well maintained one...
15:37 kidclamp bug 17229 made me think, and the idea that REST and ILS-DI shoudl match behaviour, raises questions of how they should perform
15:37 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=17229 normal, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, Passed QA , ILS-DI HoldTitle and HoldItem should check if patron is expired
15:38 jzairo left #koha
15:38 kidclamp please comment more on the bug - i will talk to tomas when he is back about how the REST api can serve similar function, but just seeking discussion at this point
15:39 ashimema kidclamp++
15:39 Joubu #topic CI: ok to remove mysql 8 from 20.05 and only test in master? [tuxayo]
15:39 Topic for #koha is now CI: ok to remove mysql 8 from 20.05 and only test in master? [tuxayo] (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 13 January 2021)
15:39 ashimema ++
15:40 Joubu yes for me (already answered by email)
15:40 I will take on it
15:40 tuxayo It was proposed during a discussion about the system requirements and recommendations.
15:40 No objections?
15:41 If there isn't, what to do, just delete the job in the CI or there are more steps?
15:41 ashimema as it's already not appearing in the Dashboard.. yeah.. I think that it'
15:41 jsut delete it from the CI
15:41 Joubu yes
15:42 done
15:42 ashimema :)
15:42 kidclamp Joubu++
15:42 ashimema nice one
15:42 Joubu anything else?
15:42 wahanui i think anything else is necessarily going to be incremental.
15:42 tuxayo Joubu++
15:42 Joubu #topic Set time of next meeting
15:42 Topic for #koha is now Set time of next meeting (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 13 January 2021)
15:43 ashimema do we test 19.x against D10?
15:43 Joubu Koha_19.11_D10
15:43 ashimema seems weird we test it against U18 if we don't
15:43 ah..
15:43 ok.. there's a bug in the dashboard then
15:43 haha
15:43 I'll fix that
15:43 Joubu #info Next meeting: 27 January 2021, 14 UTC
15:43 no
15:44 #info Next meeting: 27 January 2021, 20 UTC
15:44 ashimema works for me
15:44 Joubu #endmeeting
15:44 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software https://koha-community.org
15:44 huginn Meeting ended Wed Jan 13 15:44:36 2021 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
15:44 Minutes:        https://meetings.koha-communit[…]-01-13-15.01.html
15:44 Minutes (text): https://meetings.koha-communit[…]1-01-13-15.01.txt
15:44 Log:            https://meetings.koha-communit[…]13-15.01.log.html
15:44 Joubu thanks
15:44 oleonard Joubu++
15:45 I forgot to announce that I left my brain in 2020
15:45 tuxayo Thanks for chairing Joubu and thanks all :)
15:45 Joubu stuck in 2020?? erk!
15:45 tuxayo oleonard: that's inconvenient ^^"
15:46 tuxayo_read_only left #koha
16:03 inlibro joined #koha
16:06 fridolin left #koha
16:08 reiveune bye
16:08 reiveune left #koha
16:21 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 26962: Compiled CSS <https://git.koha-community.org[…]fcb073bb09ed4c7cf>
16:21 News from kohagit: Bug 26950: Fix SIP/Message.t <https://git.koha-community.org[…]10c555a0c86490b0b>
16:21 News from kohagit: Bug 27416: Make "Modify tag" and "Add tag" translatable <https://git.koha-community.org[…]23f6aa77000841bed>
16:21 News from kohagit: Bug 26962: (follow-up) Catch other #000066 occurrences <https://git.koha-community.org[…]1012ca51c893e7ca5>
16:21 News from kohagit: Bug 27325: Fix singular/plural forms on the OPAC dashboard <https://git.koha-community.org[…]b2fd93c3e575c690a>
16:21 News from kohagit: Bug 27263: Link to preferences mentioned in system preference descriptions <https://git.koha-community.org[…]d3a8477c2f88a5b38>
16:21 News from kohagit: Bug 26962: Make print.css pure black <https://git.koha-community.org[…]1502c403a09cfc4e4>
16:22 oleonard ashimema Bug 27289 has me thinking about how we could improve validation errors globally
16:22 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=27289 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Failed QA , Template tweaks for point of sale page
16:22 oleonard https://zivotdesign.com/n/inde[…]s/6WrBe3G8mzoLXsN
16:35 ashimema back now..
16:35 That's pretty oleonard
16:59 oleonard Combine that with shorter warnings on the POS page and I think we've got something
16:59 ashimema :)
17:03 inlibro joined #koha
17:05 caroline Is there a term encompassing all the things that are links in a record?
17:06 I would say authority, but it's not neccesarily authorities
17:06 For example http://rn20-test.hapax.inlibro[…]blionumber=260958
17:06 Author, Publisher, Subjects, Genre/Form
17:07 khall joined #koha
17:11 cait2 i think i call them search links
17:12 oleonard: loosk nice :)
17:12 so it will not show the red long message until you emty it out?
17:14 does doemoen know how the authentification for "non-public" reports via json works?
17:14 ashimema ?
17:16 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
17:16 wahanui Congratulations!
17:16 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D11 build #185: FIXED in 55 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D11/185/
17:17 ashimema @later tell rangi any chance of merging those two outstanding requests on the dashboard?
17:17 huginn ashimema: The operation succeeded.
17:19 cait2 ashimema: if i want a program to use a reprot via json that is not set to public
17:19 it requires authentication
17:20 but our documentation is lacking there :)
17:20 i assume you could get the cookie via curl or so?
17:21 https://koha-community.org/man[…]-reports-services
17:24 can you use csv/authentication?
17:25 hm that only seems to apply to biblios?
18:03 inlibro joined #koha
18:08 ashimema I've wanted to do this in the past too
18:09 But never managed to work it out
18:09 I think rangi wrote it originally..maybe he knows
18:10 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
18:10 wahanui Congratulations!
18:10 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1535: FIXED in 54 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1535/
18:13 ashimema looks like it uses standard 'get_template_and_user'
18:13 khall_ joined #koha
18:14 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
18:14 wahanui Congratulations!
18:14 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10 build #451: FIXED in 55 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D10/451/
18:16 ashimema BASIC auth might work cait?
18:43 Oak joined #koha
18:45 cait joined #koha
18:56 * oleonard needs a lesson on how to contribute to "side" projects like qa-test-tools
19:03 inlibro joined #koha
19:07 paul_p joined #koha
19:33 khall joined #koha
19:38 sophie_m joined #koha
19:41 khall_ joined #koha
19:56 AndrewFH joined #koha
20:04 inlibro joined #koha
20:10 philor khall_: for https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=24480 should we treat SimpleMARC as a stable API and add new methods to insert/copy/move fields in order?
20:10 huginn Bug 24480: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, arthur.suzuki, Failed QA , Fields added with Marc modifications templates are not added in an ordered way
20:57 ashimema I think contributing to most side projects now is basically submitting merge requests on gitlab oleonard
20:58 Or.. submitting issues there if you're not confident submitting code
20:58 A small few of monitor them.. be nice to increase that minority number..
21:04 inlibro joined #koha
21:08 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10_CPAN build #184: FAILURE in 18 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ter_D10_CPAN/184/
21:20 oleonard joined #koha
21:22 oleonard joined #koha
21:40 oleonard_ joined #koha
22:04 inlibro joined #koha
22:34 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_D10 build #187: SUCCESS in 39 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_D10/187/
22:44 lukeG1 left #koha
22:46 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U2010 build #83: STILL UNSTABLE in 50 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_20.05_U2010/83/
22:46 Project Koha_20.05_U18 build #49: STILL UNSTABLE in 48 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.05_U18/49/
22:52 khall joined #koha
22:55 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_D9 build #184: STILL UNSTABLE in 58 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.05_D9/184/
23:04 inlibro joined #koha
23:13 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U20 build #218: STILL UNSTABLE in 38 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_U20/218/
23:17 khall joined #koha
23:43 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U16 build #190: STILL UNSTABLE in 57 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_U16/190/
23:46 khall_ joined #koha
23:52 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_D10 build #188: UNSTABLE in 38 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_D10/188/

← Previous day | Today | Search | Index

koha1