IRC log for #koha, 2019-06-12

Today | Search | Index

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
03:07 alohalog` joined #koha
03:07 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software http://koha-community.org
03:08 alohalog` joined #koha
03:08 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software http://koha-community.org
03:29 inlibro joined #koha
03:35 dpk_ joined #koha
04:29 inlibro joined #koha
05:05 chris joined #koha
05:11 cait joined #koha
05:13 Oak joined #koha
05:29 inlibro joined #koha
05:35 dpk_ joined #koha
05:38 alreadygone joined #koha
05:40 Oak__ joined #koha
05:49 calire joined #koha
06:15 reiveune joined #koha
06:16 reiveune hello
06:19 reiveune left #koha
06:22 reiveune joined #koha
06:23 ashimema Nemo_bis_ I don't see why you brought up bug 21210 ?
06:23 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=21210 new feature, P5 - low, ---, ere.maijala, RESOLVED DUPLICATE, Elasticsearch based SRU server
06:24 ashimema It's a duplicate and it doesn't answer the question  pedro__ asked at all
06:24 Koha has had a working z39.50 and SRU server for decades.. in the form of zebra
06:25 Yes, we still need to get the elastic simple server implimentation over the finish line, but that doesn't mean we're not capable of running sru already without it.
06:29 inlibro joined #koha
06:33 ashimema pedro__ are you running zebra or elastic ?
06:39 fridolin joined #koha
06:40 fridolin hi
06:51 cait joined #koha
06:52 alexbuckley joined #koha
06:54 magnuse \o/
06:56 * ashimema shows the grumps the door
06:56 cait huh?
06:57 ashimema How are we all this fine morning #koha
06:57 cait have the grumps been rained on too?
06:57 slightly wet :)
06:57 ashimema Lol
06:57 cait been rainign for hours here
06:59 ashimema Been raining for days here
07:00 alex_a joined #koha
07:01 alex_a bonjour
07:05 paul_p joined #koha
07:06 * magnuse had a tropical downpour on sunday, since then it has been rather sunny and nice
07:07 magnuse @wunder bodø, norway
07:07 huginn` magnuse: Error: I could not find a valid location for: bodø, norway
07:07 magnuse @wunder bodo, norway
07:07 huginn` magnuse: Error: Failed to load Wunderground API. Check the logs for more information.
07:09 AndrewIsh joined #koha
07:11 cait magnuse: weather is broken
07:18 janPasi joined #koha
07:27 magnuse joined #koha
07:29 inlibro joined #koha
07:31 liliputech_asu bonjour :)
07:33 greenjimll joined #koha
07:36 dpk_ joined #koha
08:30 inlibro joined #koha
08:31 fraktik joined #koha
08:46 fridolin joined #koha
08:51 vfernandes joined #koha
08:52 vfernandes hi #koha
09:20 Nemo_bis_ ashimema: I may have mistunderstood the question; just wanted to share a pointer to some code which might be hard to find otherwise
09:30 inlibro joined #koha
09:37 dpk_ joined #koha
09:41 m23 joined #koha
09:42 magnuse joined #koha
10:01 ashimema fair enough
10:01 I wasn't meaning to be grumpy.. it was too early this morning
10:30 inlibro joined #koha
10:42 * kidclamp waves
10:43 * cait waves back
10:45 davidnind joined #koha
10:55 magnuse \o/
11:01 khall joined #koha
11:11 magnuse joined #koha
11:24 oleonard joined #koha
11:25 oleonard Hi #koha
11:25 calire hi oleonard
11:25 wahanui hi oleopard
11:30 inlibro joined #koha
11:38 dpk_ joined #koha
11:41 alex_a joined #koha
11:53 davidnind left #koha
12:18 alex_a_ joined #koha
12:30 inlibro joined #koha
13:07 oleonard Dev meeting in 53 minutes?
13:08 ashimema so the calendar tells me
13:10 cait oh meeting day
13:22 oleonard A pretty sparse agenda :) https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ting_12_June_2019
13:27 kidclamp I will miss meeting but added apologies
13:27 cait probably the 'after-release' effect
13:28 but there is quite a lot of bugs in qa queue *cough*
13:30 inlibro joined #koha
13:39 dpk_ joined #koha
13:40 lukeG joined #koha
13:41 wizzyrea joined #koha
13:53 khall joined #koha
13:54 magnuse joined #koha
14:00 ashimema so.. are we nearly corate
14:01 greenjimll #info Jon Knight, Loughborough University
14:01 ashimema #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 12 June 2019
14:01 huginn` Meeting started Wed Jun 12 14:01:33 2019 UTC.  The chair is ashimema. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
14:01 Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
14:01 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 12 June 2019)
14:01 huginn` The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_12_june_2019'
14:01 greenjimll #info Jon Knight, Loughborough University
14:01 ashimema #chair cait
14:01 huginn` Current chairs: ashimema cait
14:02 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
14:02 ashimema #topic Introductions
14:02 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 12 June 2019)
14:02 ashimema #info Martin Renvoize - PTFS Europe
14:02 oleonard #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, USA
14:03 ashimema no rmaint?
14:03 khall #info Kyle, ByWater Solutions
14:03 wizzyrea #info Liz Rea
14:03 ashimema no rmaints?
14:04 cait wizzyrea:
14:04 is an rmaint :)
14:04 ashimema #topic Announcements
14:04 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 12 June 2019)
14:04 tcohen #info Tomas Cohen Arazi, Theke Solutions
14:04 ashimema Has anyone got any anouncements?
14:05 #info Nick Clemens is working on testing the circulations rules rewrite
14:05 #info Nick Clemens is working through the 'In discussion' queue to bring things back to life
14:05 #info Nick Clemens sends his appologies, clash of meetings today
14:06 #info Martin Renvoize is getting back the the Accounts Rewrite bugs
14:06 any others
14:07 #info I will be starting to push enhancements again as of next week, but starting with the least impact ones, so please keep working through bugs as high priority
14:08 wizzyrea good plan ty
14:08 ashimema #topic Update from the release manager
14:08 Topic for #koha is now Update from the release manager (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 12 June 2019)
14:08 ashimema sort of just did it above.. oops
14:09 #topic Updates from the release maintainers
14:09 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the release maintainers (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 12 June 2019)
14:09 ashimema rmaints?
14:09 wahanui it has been said that rmaints is fridolin, lucas and wizzyrea
14:09 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart
14:09 wizzyrea I'm just about ready to start pushing things for 18.05
14:09 probably will start seeing things today or tomorrow
14:10 assuming I've got all of my access in place
14:10 ashimema :)
14:10 lukeG i started pushing to 18.11 yesterday, more to come today :)
14:10 cait #info wizzyrea to start pushing to 18.05 soon
14:10 fridolin yop, I'm warming up for 19.05, started pushing
14:11 and Jenkins job for D9 exists with blue color
14:11 calire left #koha
14:11 fridolin \o/
14:11 ashimema shout if you have any issues wizzyrea.. I have the magic keys to the kingdom to sort most permissions now.
14:11 Joubu Two majors, that must be in 19.05.01:
14:11 cait #info lukeG and fridolin started pushing to 18.11 and 19.05
14:11 Joubu bug 23095 and bug 23104
14:11 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=23095 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , Circulation rules not displayed (empty vs null)
14:11 Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=23104 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, ASSIGNED , Regression (18925) in circ rules - unlimited vs 0
14:11 cait yes, also a shout out to the QA team there
14:11 please QA
14:12 ashimema #info We made jenkins happy again for the Ubuntu builds.. not the most elegant fix but it appears to work
14:12 wizzyrea thanks ashimema
14:12 ashimema #info Two majors need to be pushed for the 19.05.01 release still.
14:12 shall we move onto updates from qa then
14:12 #topic Updates from the QA team
14:12 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the QA team (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 12 June 2019)
14:13 ashimema #info bug 23095 is in dire need of SO and QA
14:13 #info bug 23104 is in dire need of SO and QA
14:14 greenjimll 23095 is already signed off
14:15 * ashimema misread
14:15 ashimema needs QA though :)
14:16 any more cait?
14:16 cait oh sorry, missed the topic change
14:16 just focus on the bugs (vs enh) - they have piled up quite a bit with majors
14:16 tuxayo > Nick Clemens is working on testing the circulations rules rewrite
14:16 :D
14:16 kidclamp++
14:16 cait #info Please focus on bugs, 25 out of the 54 waiting, including majors
14:17 also... pay attention to weekly emails ;)
14:17 there are some patche related to Mana that I'd like to see pushed
14:17 ashimema #topic General development discussion
14:17 Topic for #koha is now General development discussion (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 12 June 2019)
14:17 cait and... signed off QA'd before that
14:17 oh
14:17 just: 8 majors!
14:18 * ashimema runs for school run.. 5 mins and I'll be back to continue
14:18 cait i will take over until then ;)
14:18 did someone bring a topic?
14:19 so I suggest moving on
14:19 oleonard I have what I think is a pretty nice enhancement ready for testing: Bug 23013
14:19 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=23013 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , Upgrade DataTables in the staff client
14:19 cait ah :)
14:19 can you tell us a bit more?
14:19 oleonard Too big to post a patch to Bugzilla, unfortunately, which makes testing more difficult
14:19 it's an upgrade to Datatables which combines and minifies the various scripts we use
14:20 It includes a style update for the Datatables toolbar (info, pagination, buttons)
14:20 cait oleonard++
14:20 i did training recently and the datatables especiallywith the new export options were a big hit
14:21 #info bug 21013 waits for some attention - update to datatables, test with a remote branch
14:21 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=21013 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, RESOLVED FIXED, Missing itemtype for checkut makes patron summary print explode
14:21 cait ugh
14:21 i can't be trusted with numbers
14:21 #info Correction: Bug 23013 - sorry!
14:21 moving on then?
14:22 #topic Review of coding guidelines
14:22 Topic for #koha is now Review of coding guidelines (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 12 June 2019)
14:22 cait anyone?
14:23 ashimema You were to quick.. lol
14:24 cait you can take over again :)
14:24 ashimema I have reached out to some support company directors as part of my commitment to trying to improve Dev practices a bit
14:24 Positive responses from paul_p and bag so far
14:25 I hope to start getting use collaborating a little better on some of the more challenging Devs... Getting commitment to the SO/QA flow up front for some of them and having it scheduled into their own internal management processes a bit
14:25 Will report more as soon as I have more..
14:26 Next step is to find a couple of developments to concentrate on as a trial for this slightly more formal collaboration
14:26 Joubu I can provide patches for that :D
14:27 ashimema Back to you for a minute Cait.. kids being thrown out  into the rain now
14:28 Will catch you about that later today if that's ok Joubu.. I was thinking we could probably put a few out there
14:28 cait i can't add to that
14:28 should we set the date for next meeting?
14:29 wizzyrea oh good was about to say I have to leave this meeting early <3 thank you all for your hard work
14:29 Joubu wait a min, a quick thought
14:29 ashimema I also have notes form kohacon of things companies are working on.. so should be able to pick a couple from that where I can already see there's overlap
14:29 Can't or can Cait?
14:29 Raining.. my typing is getting bad
14:29 Joubu could we imagine removing the ability to update a bug report status once it has been set to resolved?
14:30 (that can be problematic in few cases however)
14:30 ashimema Yes.. ltd set next date
14:30 Go Joubu
14:31 inlibro joined #koha
14:32 Joubu well I... asked already
14:32 set the next meeting date, will ask later
14:33 ashimema Rain is making it near impossible for me to type.. sorry
14:33 cait #chair Joubu
14:33 huginn` Current chairs: Joubu ashimema cait
14:33 cait could you?
14:33 ashimema Would be an interesting idea Joubu.. I like it
14:34 cait sorry, distracted as well
14:34 ashimema I have other Bugzilla things I want to bring up again.. next meeting
14:34 cait Joubu: can you explain the use case?
14:34 ashimema Two weeks again.. later time slot
14:35 That ok with everyone.. can't remember the alternate. Time slot off the top of head
14:36 Joubu We should push people to open new bug report, not reopening them
14:36 cait Joubu: ok, but sometiems it's useful :)
14:36 oleonard Joubu: I don't think it happens often enough to warrant that change
14:37 cait if someone closes because they think fixed but it isn'
14:37 Joubu the problematic case: someone close it as "fixed" but they did not understand the real issue
14:37 greenjimll 26th July at 19:00 UTC?
14:37 cait t
14:37 Joubu ok
14:37 it happens quite a lot :) At least once a week
14:38 greenjimll Maybe make it impossible to reopen resolved cases after a "cooling off period". We do similar with our internal ticketing system.
14:39 ashimema I would like a 'new dependant bug' option myself
14:40 Then it would be easy to open a new bug and get back to the original e contexte
14:41 oleonard ashimema: That's what the "clone" option is for isn't it?
14:43 ashimema I got told not to use clone by Joubu
14:44 I think
14:44 Shall we continue this discussion out of the meeting and bring a proposal to the next meeting
14:44 oleonard Fine with me
14:44 Joubu yes
14:48 oleonard Is everyone already gone? :)
14:49 I think July 17 at 19:00 UTC would be one month out and in line with the time rotation
14:49 Or are we sticking with every two weeks?
14:54 ashimema I'm happy with two weeks if people are able to make it.. keeps things moving.. even if it's a short meeting it provokes conversations
14:54 Especially as we have Bugzilla ideas the raise after this meeting brought some thoughts
14:54 oleonard 26 June at 19:00 UTC
14:55 ashimema Perfect
14:56 tcohen sorry, technical issues on my end
14:56 just got the OS back :-D
14:57 oleonard While you were gone we elected you permanent chair for all future meetings tcohen
14:57 tcohen oh noes!
14:57 ashimema #info Next meeting: 26 June 2019, 19:00 UTC
14:58 my irc client is stuffed
14:58 `
14:59 #info Next meeting: 26 Jun 2019, 19:00 UTC
14:59 #endmeeting
14:59 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software http://koha-community.org
14:59 huginn` Meeting ended Wed Jun 12 14:59:42 2019 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
14:59 Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-06-12-14.01.html
14:59 Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]9-06-12-14.01.txt
14:59 Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]12-14.01.log.html
15:00 ashimema thnaks everyone
15:00 apologies for the challenges at the end
15:09 oleonard Welp, time for me to change my identity and move away, because I've been using "Clone this bug" lots.
15:11 * eythian clones bugs onto oleonard
15:12 khall joined #koha
15:31 inlibro joined #koha
15:36 fridolin left #koha
15:39 dpk_ joined #koha
15:42 wizzyrea joined #koha
15:43 oleonard wb wizzyrea
15:55 alex_a joined #koha
16:01 MauBR joined #koha
16:02 m23 joined #koha
16:02 MauBR_ joined #koha
16:06 MauBR_ Hello friends. Please help me with something, I have to change all data from fields 650 subfield 'a' to lowercase. The information is store in biblio_metadata -> metadata field, but i do not know the best way to change it... please could you help me with some information on how to do it?
16:07 reiveune bye
16:07 reiveune left #koha
16:14 lisettelatah joined #koha
16:19 lukeG joined #koha
16:31 inlibro joined #koha
16:39 lukeG1 joined #koha
16:54 tcohen MauBR_: I'd say C4::Biblio::GetMarcBiblio to get the record
16:54 C4::Biblio:GetFrameworkCode to get the frameworkcode
16:54 and C4::Biblio::ModBiblio( $record, $biblionumber, $fw );
16:54 to write the modified one
16:54 on the DB
16:56 oleonard See y'all later
17:04 MauBR_ tcohen Tankyou for response, I think this is perl? sorry cant get how to work with this...
17:14 mtompset joined #koha
17:14 mtompset Greetings, #koha.
17:15 cait left #koha
17:15 lukeG joined #koha
17:24 khall_ joined #koha
17:29 khall joined #koha
17:31 inlibro joined #koha
17:32 khall__ joined #koha
17:40 dpk_ joined #koha
18:00 khall joined #koha
18:01 mtompset @seen fridolin
18:01 huginn` mtompset: fridolin was last seen in #koha 3 hours, 50 minutes, and 21 seconds ago: <fridolin> \o/
18:01 mtompset Oh well. Next bug to look at then.
18:11 cait joined #koha
18:24 mtompset Greetings, cait
18:31 inlibro joined #koha
18:41 mtompset ARG! Instructions assume I know how to start a SIP server.
18:42 cait mtompset: there is package commands... but that's about all i know
18:43 mtompset and script is deprecated? Well, sorry, wizzyrea, can't get a sip server started on a kohadevbox, can't test those patches.
18:43 Though, I did add a quick follow up on bug 19787 (missing comma in SQL)
18:43 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=19787 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, aleisha, Needs Signoff , Adding system preferences to configure the screen messages for SIP checkout flags in Self-Checkout
18:43 cait mtompset: you might have the wrong script
18:44 they have been unified
18:44 but they should be telling you
18:45 https://koha-community.org/koha-19-05-release/
18:45 sorry, that's where i found it:
18:45 https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=18562
18:45 huginn` Bug 18562: enhancement, P5 - low, 19.05, tomascohen, RESOLVED FIXED, Add koha-sip script to handle SIP servers for instances
18:47 mtompset cait++ # thanks for the new script name.
18:47 Some wiki pages need updating. :)
18:50 cait++ # Making headway now.
18:54 And stuck again... I think I have the SIP Server running... but now how to do all these SIP-py things.
18:56 I wish people wrote test plans like the person testing knew absolutely nothing.
19:20 kidclamp misc/sip_cli_emulator.pl
19:20 it has pretty good documentation mtompset
19:28 paul_p joined #koha
19:30 davidnind joined #koha
19:31 inlibro joined #koha
19:37 lukeG joined #koha
19:39 khall joined #koha
19:41 dpk_ joined #koha
20:06 khall joined #koha
20:10 Oak joined #koha
20:32 inlibro joined #koha
20:33 MauBR_ Hello friends, please help me with something. I am trying to run ./rebuild_zebra.pl but server shows: cant locate C4::Context
20:33 please help :(
20:33 wizzyrea MauBR_, you probably need to do that from within koha-shell
20:33 sudo koha-shell <name of your instance> rebuild_zebra
20:34 but also you could try
20:34 MauBR_ thank you for response wizzyrea. i will try...
20:34 wizzyrea sudo koha-zebra --rebuild -f <name your your instance>
20:44 MauBR_ it is trying to run but needs the koha-user pass, and i can not remember....
20:44 my fault...
20:45 is any way to recover the pass?
20:54 alexbuckley joined #koha
21:19 bshum joined #koha
21:26 lukeG joined #koha
21:28 lukeG1 joined #koha
21:32 inlibro joined #koha
21:36 lukeG joined #koha
21:42 dpk_ joined #koha
21:51 davidnind @later tell ashimema I don't have access to the YouTube channel yet (not that I can tell), keen to add the kohacon videos
21:51 huginn` davidnind: The operation succeeded.
21:54 khall joined #koha
22:10 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_D9 build #102: SUCCESS in 25 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.11_D9/102/
22:14 davidnind left #koha
22:18 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_U18 build #96: SUCCESS in 32 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.11_U18/96/
22:26 Project Koha_18.11_D8 build #102: SUCCESS in 40 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.11_D8/102/
22:32 inlibro joined #koha
22:40 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_D9 build #103: SUCCESS in 25 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.11_D9/103/
22:50 Project Koha_18.11_U18 build #97: SUCCESS in 32 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.11_U18/97/
23:05 Project Koha_18.11_D9 build #104: SUCCESS in 25 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.11_D9/104/
23:06 Project Koha_18.11_D8 build #103: SUCCESS in 40 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.11_D8/103/
23:16 papa joined #koha
23:23 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_U18 build #98: UNSTABLE in 32 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.11_U18/98/
23:31 Project Koha_18.11_D9 build #105: SUCCESS in 25 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.11_D9/105/
23:32 inlibro joined #koha
23:44 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_D8 build #104: SUCCESS in 38 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.11_D8/104/
23:45 dpk_ joined #koha

Today | Search | Index

koha1